Friday 14 September 2018

New Journey. -Of Relationships and Marriage Part 1-

The past one year has been such a whirlwind for me personally, that everything happened so fast and so quick that I think I haven't been able to stop and take a breather.

I find it funny how the idea of getting married and settling down early had been romanticized so much back in our college days that it have been embedded inside almost everyone as their goals. Now that I'm already in that phase, I find it quite hysterically irrelevant that I of that such young age would love and dream of settling down early. Marriage is such a big responsibility and a whole new world, and while often back then the idea of getting married early is only due to wanting to make your relationship halal and so much for emphasizing on the beauty of bercinta selepas kahwin.

Marriage is more than that.

I find it not realistic too to be having a long list of qualities that you want in your future husband. You can make your list as long as the Nile River, but it all comes down to compatibility at the end of the day. I used to dream of being married or being in a relationship with someone with excellent command of English, would have enjoyed the indie British movies like RocknRolla or boring intellectual movies like Interstellar, someone who listens to the same music as I do like The Strokes or Arctic Monkeys.

I used to dream of meeting someone like that. And I did meet people of these qualities.

But we just don't click.

And now I am married to someone who is a total opposite to the man that I have had in my mind all these while.

And I wouldn't be able to imagine to be married to someone else.

It is simple as that.

It has been 10 months since I'm married. And I would be lying to say that it is such a smooth sailing journey now that I have found someone that I need, not someone that I want.

It's not easy. But it's something that I would want to go through with till the end of my life.

InshaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment